Leaving an average PC and monitor constantly switched on, perhaps for convenience or IT administration purposes, can consume up to 750kWh of electricity per annum, costing in excess of $150 per annum to operate in energy costs alone. This equates to around 675kg of CO2e per year for a company operating in New South Wales or Victoria.
With PC power management solutions from sustainableIT and our technology partner 1E, companies can potentially save up to $70 per PC per year in energy costs, significantly reducing carbon emissions in the process. In an organisation operating an estate of 1,000 PCs, that equates to potential on-going energy cost savings in excess of $70,000 per annum (and more if offices are air-conditioned).
This cost effective and easy to deploy PC power management solution from 1E, used by some of the world’s leading companies, provides a quick win in energy saving initiatives, typically providing a payback period of around 6-9 months.
Our Power and Patch Management pack is made up of two products:
NightWatchman shuts machines down and supports the following features:
- Powers down or logs off PCs across the enterprise
- Protects unsaved user data prior to shutdown
- Produces “what-if” reports to calculate current and potential future savings
- Controls PC Power Scheme settings
- Schedules daily, immediate or once off shutdowns
- Controllable with any systems management tooling as well as through its own console
- Energy, cost and co2 emissions reporting
1E WakeUp enables Wake-On-LAN to function in large complex networks. These typically present several challenges, such as blocking wake messages at each boundary (for example at routers). 1E WakeUp uses an intelligent agent to avoid having to relax network security and to report on success or failure. Large scale events are controlled by powering machines in stages, balancing network load by distributing waves of power events.
Key features and benefits include:
- Reduces cost of software & patch deployments by enabling 100% distribution success
- Computer Health monitors PC ‘health’ trends and enables pro-active or automated problem resolution
- 1E Web WakeUp allows users to power up their office PC remotely ensuring access to resources at all times
- Integrates with Configuration Manager 2007 and supports Intel® Active Management Technology (vProTM)
- Gives complete visibility with reports on power & deployment success and computer health issues
- Minimizes network impact by using staggered distributions
- Configurable for any type of network, including where subnet-directed broadcasts are disabled
Contact us for more details.